Conventional Loan Limits Increase for 2018
For the second year in a row, FHFA will be increasing conforming loan limits for Fannie and Freddie in 2018.
With home prices on the rise, the increase in limits is seen as a necessity, increasing at the same rate average U.S. home prices have increased in 2017.
- Loan limits increase from $424,100 to $453,100 for 2018
- 6.8% increase over the 2017 loans
- Maximum loan limit will be larger in certain “high-cost areas”
- The new loan limit for most “high-cost areas” will be $679,650, up from the current $636,150 limit
- All but 71 counties in the U.S. will see these increased limits
Please go to this website for more information: County Limits